The Institute is built around cases submitted by attendees. Cases are real problems or challenges that you would like our panelists to address. Panelists will ask you clarifying questions and then provide feedback, and as time allows audience members are invited to contribute as well.
The Case Topics for November 2021 are:
- Financing Your Business – Cases might ask about seeking equity, debt or other kinds of investment; structuring your financing; crafting the appropriate financing strategy and finding backers. You might want to ask a basic question about whether your case even makes sense and how to improve your pitch.
- Positioning Your Brand Story – These cases will cover anything related to your product or service including design, packaging, pricing, marketing, communicating and otherwise building the case for your brand or business as well as advertising, social media and PR questions.
If you are unsure of where a Case fits, just submit it and we will figure that out for you!
Case Study Format:
Here is how the case study sessions work:
The facilitator introduces the case study session and reviews the ground rules, the presenting entrepreneur then takes up to 5 minutes to introduce the enterprise and the challenge. The panel then asks clarifying questions at which point the presenting entrepreneur switches over to “listening mode” as the respondents give feedback and give constructive suggestions followed by concise suggestions from the audience. At the conclusion, the presenter is given a chance to make some brief closing comments. Each case gets about 45 minutes.
Case Study Guidelines:
Case study sessions are most effective when these guidelines are observed:
- Confidentiality – Everything shared during the case study is 100% confidential. We ask all audience members to observe a code of confidentiality.
- Honesty – We encourage the presenting entrepreneur and respondents to be as honest and direct as possible.
- Brevity – In order to keep the session as interactive as possible, we encourage presenters and audience members to keep their comments brief.
To Submit a Case for Consideration –
All attendees are welcome to submit one or more cases for any of the topic areas. A committee comprised of the Panelists, and lead Sponsors will select the final cases to be presented based on:
- Impact of the problem – How big a challenge does this problem pose to the enterprise?
- The clarity of the problem and presenter – Does the presenter seem to have a good grasp and understanding of the problem and do they communicate clearly?
- The potential relevance of this challenge for all attendees – Will this case have the potential to be interesting, instructive or relevant to all attendees?
- Will the audience find the case interesting
To be considered, we must receive applications by 31 October, 2021.